For the last few days I've been trying to clean up our various blogs and websites while I have the time off from work. Progress, if any, has been slow. Not the least of my obstacles has been a nasty head cold I picked up after all the nonsense that occurred last weekend.
These are the things I am trying to accomplish:
1. Continue the "A Day in a Year in a Life" posts, but this time put them on my http://www.waypatas.blogspot.com/ blog. I chose to stick them there rather than PAA, (where they were for most of last year), because PAA seems to be getting unstable again; the admin has been deleting old posts for obscure reasons, (at least to me!).
2. Update/Cleanup http://www.arph001.com/ . The main goal here has been to improve the http://www.arph001.com/day-in-a-life/ page, as the purpose for the other pages, (drive views to old articles), has evaporated since FoK and PAA no longer pay views on articles older than 6 months. So much for passive income!
3. Update/Cleanup http://missingmusic.blogspot.com/ . This blog, amazingly, seems to actually get some views, so I'd like to keep it in the best shape I can. I recently added some music from Ken Still to the blog, music which as far as I know you can find nowhere else!
4. Make money with AdFly. This is a service that sticks an ad on your links, like this: AAAAHHH! The trick is to balance between making a fraction of a cent here and there, and not to piss off any prospective reader in the process.
5. Make money with affiliate sales. This we are attempting at http://buyingnirvana.com/ , but as you can see if you read the FAQs, we have been spectacularly unsuccessful. I'm not sure where I am going to go with that website. Right now, it is mostly serving as a landing page for AdFly links when you click "Give Us Money", (or something like that), or when you click on a link to a deleted PAA post.
6. Do something, (what?) with http://mgadamgo.wordpress.com/ . Possibly I'll put the drooling rants I used to put on PAA here, but more probably I'll do little or nothing with it.
Lots and lots and lots of things to do, and just wee bits of time to accomplish them in! I'm not sure how successful I'll be at any of this, but I'll give it a go. And if, miraculously, I stumble across some way to make a bit of money in the process, I'll let you know!