Wednesday, August 1, 2018

This Fool is back to Running Errands



Late last year I posted about how trying to make a living online is too difficult given the unlikely odds of a reasonable success.

When I wrote that, I was comfortably earning $50/hr on an easy contract at a nice company just two or three miles up the road.  (Lots of money and almost no commute; what a dream job!)  Well, all things must pass, and this past March that contract ended.  (Bummer!  I nearly cried when that job folded!)

I've been looking for a replacement contract since, but not being the world's greatest interviewee, I haven't gotten any job offers yet.

After being unemployed for a couple months, I hit upon the idea of selling Life Insurance, and even went to all the trouble, (and expense), of getting licensed and appointed to sell the stuff, only to realize that .... well, I don't really like Life Insurance, and I sure as hell can't sell something I don't believe in.  If you need Life Insurance, my advice is to buy the cheapest TERM insurance you can find.  Although some people swear by it, (self delusion?  or maybe they are swearing AT IT!), I personally wouldn't touch Whole Life insurance or Universal Life insurance with a thirty nine and a half foot pole.  (Hats off to the good Doctor and that reformed meanie, Mr. Grinch.)

So ..... with perhaps a hint of desperation, I turned back to that former elusive goal of mine, namely, making money online.

First I had to clean up the mess that I had allowed my various websites to become, fixing up pages that had become dated or obsolete.  Then it was on to ways to make a buck or three.

Of course I had to play with Bitcoin a little, trying out the faucets I once knew.  You can make a teeny, tiny bit of money with Bitcoin faucets, but certainly not enough to live on.  (Unless you can live on 25¢ a day!)

After that silliness we sat down and thought about ways we could actually make some money, and decided to give the T-Shirt business a shot.  Kuya, (our nine year old son), even got in on the act, designing his own shirt:



Our first "collection" is a series of variations on the State "Bird" theme: https://teespring.com/stores/state-birds-mosquitoes.  Here is an example:



If you're hopelessly enamored with small blood sucking insects, we have a pillow and a beach towel that you may be interested in.

Besides all mosquito stuff, I managed to fix the links in the remnant of Awkward Uncle's Online Store.  Silliness on the part of my hosting provider at the time, (Bluehost), caused both my Awkward Uncle and Tea Universe stores to disappear about this time last year.  Tea Universe is history now, (any old links will take you to some page written in what I guess is Chinese), but I'm trying to bring Awkward Uncle back from the dead.

p.s. - a really cruddy youtube video more-or-less summarizing all this: https://youtu.be/SL9SWSwtu9c .



A screenshot of a portion of our "mosquito tees" collection


1 comment:

  1. If you are in need of financial Help, don't hesitate to place order for deserve Programmed card that can withdraw any amount limit you want. Deserve Card are very transparent and easy to deal with. You can Purchase Deserve card that can withdraw up to $50,000 to $100,000 limit without being detected because of the programming of the card. I'm extremely grateful to them for being honest with their words and delivering the card to me. This is the third day of receiving the card and i have withdraw $9,500 from the Deserve Programmed Card. I tried purchasing the card previously from someone else, but it never arrived until i tried skylink technology for those in need of more money, you can also contact them. you can place order for the card Via whatsapp +1(213)328–0248 or their E-mail: skylinktechnes@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete