Monday, March 10, 2014

Bummed Out

I have to admit to being a little bummed out today.

In late February I took a leap of faith and decided to get my own website, www.arph001.com .  I still haven't been earning much from articles, so I was going to have to hustle to just cover the cost of hosting, domain name registration, etc.

No sooner did I do this, than the owner of the three main sites I write for, (FullofKnowledge - "FOK", ExpertsPages - "EP", and PostAnyArticle - "PAA"), announced that Google had unceremoniously yanked his AdSense account.  Bummer!  That meant NO PAY for January, and possibly February, while he rebuilds his ad revenue.  (Using OTHER ad programs, of course.)

So we're all waiting more or less patiently for .... well, something to happen, either getting paid, or being forced by a deafening silence to write elsewhere.  I have posted a few articles to InfoBarrel, (here's one: http://www.infobarrel.com/Can_a_Doofus_Make_Money_Online), but it's just not the same.  I miss the sense of community on FoK and PAA, and although I know I should diversify, particularly since just ONE GUY is running Fok, PAA, and EP, I just want to keep posting on the "Trinity of Sites", as the admin calls them.

Then today I just read a post in the FoK forum by an editor advising us NOT to post on EP until the admin gets some ads up and running there.  HUH?  I spent a lot of time on some articles I posted there, so if the site is going to be nonfunctional, it would have been nice if we had been told that SOONER!

So I'm kinda bummed out tonight over all this mess.  It doesn't help that work has been hellish for the past week either.  I come through this all right, but this part of the ride ain't fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment