Thursday, November 28, 2013

A Nabob Natters

(In which, gentle reader, your befuddled author attempts to limit the negativity, but must readily admit to hysteria and hypochondria.)

First of all, Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.  I sincerely hope you have an "attitude of gratitude" for all the gifts you have received today, starting with the very gift of existence.

As I stated yesterday, I'm a bit befuddled about my "writing career" at the moment.  Further investigation reveals that I somehow managed to insult nearly all the editors of FoK.  Now if you're writing for an edited site, that is not a very brilliant thing to do.  The editors choose whether your articles are accepted, and attach pictures to them which help attract readers.  I suppose the only pics I'll be getting now are "DO NOT ENTER!" warning signs.

It's super-duper cold here in central Georgia, USA, this morning.  Brrrr!!!  This would be a good day to just eat some breakfast and crawl back in bed, but my dear wife has invited folks over for a Thanksgiving meal, so I must vacuum and complete other chores before their arrival.  Oh bother!  Grumpy old fart that I am, I'd just as soon spend the day alone.  Fortunately my wife won't let me get away with such silliness; it is to her credit that I am not even more of a miserable old goat.

I must have a "writing addiction", because I just can't seem to refrain from posting articles on PAA or FoK.  Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, I don't know.  However, rather than just throw words against the PC screen and hope they stick in someone's mind, I think I need a plan.  A true business plan!  So here it is: I plan on making $1,000 / month solely from my writing by this time next year!

Okay, stop rolling around on the floor laughing, will ya?  It's my dream; let me try to achieve it.  Besides, the world is not going to be a worse place if I fail.

I'll use this blog, ( http://www.owlsandcuckoos.blogspot.com/ , as if you didn't know!), to chart my progress, post random musings on writing, and promote my "paying" articles via hyperlinks.

I'll use the other blog, ( http://www.waypatas.blogspot.com/ ), mostly for posting articles, which will also have hyperlinks to the "paying" articles.

And if all else fails ... I'll attract attention by posting naked pics of my fat, old, sickly body all over the internet.  Please, DON'T MAKE ME DO IT!!  Keep the internet safe for young and old alike, and satisfy my need for attention by clicking on one of my "paying" articles or two.  You'll be glad you did!  (Okay, maybe not, but it doesn't cost you anything but lost time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment